Points to take away…
- Importance of seeking students views through questionnaires, interviews, observation…in informing teaching in IL…going to try out some post unit surveys with Year 6 I think before starting on a plan for supporting them as they more towards The Exhibition.
- Studies show students really benefit from scaffolds. What’s meant by a scaffold? Do they mean the info. process model?
- Get children to reflect on the skills within the process and include the affective…shall therfore be more effective as a TL at the needed point of intervention!
- Remember the importance of concept mapping and brainstorming
- Ask them about use of websites as versus books in seeking information insteadf telling them what is best. Talk it through…Can overcome misconceptions…